Cusco pillowball top mounts

O

olidaviesuk

Hey All

Just wondering if anyone here is using the Cusco Pillowball topmounts on their R?

I am using the Whiteline camber bolts to dial in some negative camber at the moment, although they are quite a clever idea and probably okay for general road use they are not up to the battering that my suspension has been taking on the track and various sprints & hillclimbs - hence need re-adjusting an awful lot = huge hole in my wallet for 4 wheel tracking.

Also am I correct in assuming that they are a direct replacement for the complete top mount and the pillowball assembly just replaces the suspensions rubber bushing. Hence no expensive new suspension? :?

skiddusmarkus

They replace the whole topmount and eliminate the rubber bushing.They make it a very hard ride but the steering feels much more direct,

OZ-Racing

Ithink that's what I have? :oops:
Not sure, the car came with them fitted.

Matty might know, he clocked at them at PTS

They managed to accomodate the full 75mm drop with my lowering springs :shock:

O

olidaviesuk

pillowball top mounts basically replace your rubber suspension top mount with an alloy plate and a bearing. Hence, you get pinpoint handling and a really rough ride as well as you are removing any cushioning from your suspension that left :p

The TEIN units have a facility to adjust the cars camber. (an alternative to the whiteline camber bolts)

A

Anonymous

i have cusco adj pillow ball on the front of mine with gabs and the ride is fine not too hard at all? my rear shock needs rep but dont think that would make much diff to the ride at the front.