Cusco Pillow Ball top mounts

A

Anonymous

I need to dial out some negative camber and I'm after these Cusco items.

How much are they and where can I get them from?

I did try a search on here and it came up with www.checkerflag.co.jp, but can't find them on there

Cheers

S

Sirnixalot

you can get them from checker, thats where i bought mine.

Just email and ask them. When i got them they were the following

1) Cusco Upper Front Pillow Ball Mounts;
Adjustable type; 18,700 yen
2) Cusco Upper Rear Pillow Ball Mounts;
Fixed type; 18,700 yen

S

srbpower

Cusco :roll: Post in our section dude :)

We've got massive cusco stock on route :)

Si :)

Keira

The rear ones dont appear to fit standard shocks :( My cup and mount were spot welded together and i didn't fancy drilling them apart to discover that it still wouldn't work.

I think Skiddus gave up on them aswell

Mine are still currently sat in there box in my bedroom :(

S

Sirnixalot

you have to seperate your standard rear mounts. Thats what i did and they fit fine. 8)

Keira

Nix.

Are you still on standard shocks then ? i guess you are.

I was looking at mine and smacked them about abit to see if they'd come apart but they didn't :) . Guessed they'd need the welds drilling out. Wanted to know if anyone else had done it first though before ending up with a pile of bits. Put up a post about fitting them but got no answers, they've been sat in their box for 8 months :oops:

If you're telling me that all i need to do is drill out the welds and lose the standard mount, using the cusco in its place you've helped me find this weekends job.

S

srbpower

Shaun said:
:D I've got TEIN top mounts from HI-TEC £230 all in :!:
If that was for all 4 then that's a good price.
If that was for a pair, then that's loads!

Dan

S

Sirnixalot

correct.

Dril those 3 welds out on each upper mount and use the lower bit with the cusco mount and you are good to go. Ive got Nismo shocks...they are standard replacments.

A

Anonymous

Sirnixalot said:
you can get them from checker, thats where i bought mine.
Are they OK, Someone I was talking to said that they had trouble with the 4 hex bolts moving slightly in the slot? Have you had any probs?

srbpower said:
We've got massive cusco stock on route
Cool :) How much for a pair of front top mounts, and when will they be in stock?

S

Sirnixalot

you have to grind away a bit the hole that the mount pop up t hrough. Ill post pictures of mine this weekend.

skiddusmarkus

Nikko-I think yours are differnet though.Ours are adjustable for camber whereas IIRC yours are just rose jointed.Best clarify this before he mullers his suspension.

S

Sirnixalot

yes true...are youre rears adjustable or solid Kerion?

What i stated works on the solid rears.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
So does that mean you can make the camber adjustable ones fit standard suspension then?

S

Sirnixalot

not sure......i suppose i could check if no one else can....(still sore from gym)

Keira

Nix, like skiddus mine are adjustable, have you got a picture of yours ?

Could probably tell from that if they'd fit the same, failing that i suppose i could get my hands on an old mount from somewhere and bugger that one up first :)

S

Sirnixalot

ive got a pic but my image hosting site might be being dumb....whoa they are actually working!

skiddusmarkus

Well I had the whole ADR rally team working on my car trying to make it fit 8) -was surrounded by Evos and a Focus with wheels worth more than my car(about as close as a GTiR gets to a rally these days :lol: )and they said it wouldn't fit properly.The problem was the damper would rotate as tit wouldn't be held properly.