Crappy Chinese Alloy Radiators

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Different question this time, I'm not interested in the delivered or fitting quality of these 50mm eBay rads, more about the longevity.

I'm curious to know who has had one fitted and how they have coped with day to day running?

I'm looking for feedback with them fitted for about 12 months, any deformation, rust, cracks etc or whether they've been faultless?

Cheers

...also where is the best place to get hold of a 50mm GTiR Koyo rad?

Cheers again!

P

pulsarboby

ive just got a koyo rad come in on car ive bought which I maybe selling soon

the ebay rads are ok but they do tend to deform over a period of time
had mine for 18 months and the end tanks have deformed outwards but still does its job with no leaks, so not bad for the oney I guess

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Cheers for the info.

Let me know of that rad comes up for sale, might take it off your hands

Ta!

t16coupe

iv tryed a couple of alloy radiators one was a pro alloy and after time i kept having to top the coolent tank up im now using a uk sunny rad that i paid £30 for and its been great

Lionel

The way he core is made up is different from what you would get in a automotive rad. The water ways are ment to be thiner so it slows the water down and heats it up not cooling as well.

P

pulsarboby

think you mean so it slows it down long enough for fans to cool the water rather than it rushing through!

which could be the reason they mis-shape easily as the thermostat is designed to do the same job (in holding coolant up long enough to cool) so by having bigger coolant bars the pressure in rad would be a lot greater than one with smaller waterways

P

pulsarboby

mines nowhere near as bad as that but yes same kind of thing
which proves the above really

Lionel

Yep sorry got it he wrong way round. Is you need a cheap but good small rad, skunk2 sell a civic size rad for £180.00 there not made from air con core.

Lionel

Or look at spec r, forge, I know someone that make intercoolers and rad and his rads are not massive money

P

pulsarboby

il drop you a pm andy once its removed from car
still not got it off back of truck yet

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Bob I've already got one (Koyo) sorted!

However if for any reason I need your one, I'll let you know.

Cheers for the assistance though :thumb:

P

pulsarboby

no worries andy il just stick it on our forum when parts are removed