Crank Journal Sizes

ryanaircon

Hi can anyone help, I've spun a big end bearing. I need to know what the standard size main and big end journal sizes are. Also will there be any problems figgint ACL race bearings.

Thanks Ryan.

antiguan gti-r

they should be 19" acl is good that wat i replaced mine with but make sure they are for the pulsar gti-r as other sr20"s are 17" also make sure your coding is correct as on the the crank shaft there is a code to follow

ryanaircon

Crank

Hi could you elaborate a bit more on the coding does each idividual journal have a different size?
Can i grind all the big ends .25 under size the match the acl sets available.
Thanks Ryan.

ryanaircon

Crank Bearings

Hi spoke to the engineers today they say i will need 0.50 undersize shells to fix the crank. Does anyone know a supplier of these as ACL only seem to go 0.25 undersize
Thanks Ryan.

red reading

.50mm mean's the crank is scrap. you will grind through the nitriding and that will make the crank weaker , a new nissan crank is circa £700 or a good scond hand one is £150-£200 just make sure it is un'marked and not oval.

Standard grade shell sizes are stamped via number's/letters on the block and crank and you then use the nissan maunel to work out the correct grade needed.