Cosworth gasket test

youngsyp

Do Cosworth make a GTiR specific head gasket then ?

Good to see the Co(s)metic gasket working so well. :lol:

Paul

O

owens

its quite a good read and after reading the write up of the cosworth head on TDI's evo they do seem to be swaying towards the jap market.
but im assuming the head gasket based on the comments about the engine being from a 280bhp 4x4 that its to go with there head they build for the EVO

Braveheart

No sign of Paul Daniels there.... pretty convincing evidence.
If you have a chinease head gasket... back off the throttle....
Sh1t.... does the same principle apply to ebay SS exhaust manifolds...:doh:

O

Odin

Cosworth are just about to release a 90mm RNN14 gasket, So I assume that they will also be making the normal sizes as well as they do for the rest of the SR20 range.

Rob

warringtonjack

Odin said:
Cosworth are just about to release a 90mm RNN14 gasket,

Rob
I take it thats in direct response to the head gaskets being identified as the weak link in most of the recent big bore kits?

O

Odin

warringtonjack said:
I take it thats in direct response to the head gaskets being identified as the weak link in most of the recent big bore kits?

Yes I believe it is Jack ;-) .

Rob

red reading

i always wondered about the standard h/g as a friend of mine had a pulsar running 75-125bhp of nitrous and about 1.1-1.2 bar boost so about400-450 bhp and the headgasket never let go,just show's that sometimes original parts arnt that bad specially compared to the com--ic ones anyway

MarkTurbo

The cometic certainly lives upto its reputation in that test :lol:

marcymarc said:
Good old cosworth aye :roll:
Cosworth have always made very good engines and components......................just a shame about some of the rusty old sh1tters they chose to stick them in :lol:

Radleigh

MarkTurbo said:
Cosworth have always made very good engines and components......................just a shame about some of the rusty old sh1tters they chose to stick them in :lol:

Although Im a massive Ford nut at heart and loves cossies.... There is nothing wrong with a Cosworth, be it Ford, Merc or what ever8)