Coolant change,

Rob

Hi Guys,

The car is due for a coolant change. Can anyone point me towards a guide please?

Cheers

Rob

J

jasegould

I remove the bottom hose to the radiator, drain the coolant, flush it out with fresh water, refit the hose and refill the cooling system from the top of the rad.
There should be a drain plug in the block to drain the coolant but usually they're a pig to get to and usually they are rusted in so ive never known one to be used. You can also remove a heater matrix hose and flush that out aswell.
Jay

J

jasegould

oh...just read the post properly :oops: have u tried searching for a guide :?:

skiddusmarkus

To get the air out of the system,loosen the 10mm bolt that's to the top right of the thermostat that the right hand(as you face the front of car)water hose.Don't do it when it's hot and remember to retighten it.

Keira

There should be a sticker on the stat with an arrow pointing to the bleed screw,

Its top left as you look at it, follow the hose from the rhs of the radiator and you'll see the stat.

I hate that screw, i'm forever dropping it when trying to get the f*cker back in and it tends to fall into nearly impossible to find places. :(