compression

nismoboy

ive got hks 87mm pistons and im looking for a headgasket to use but cant make myu mind up on whether to use a 1.2 or 2.0mm or maybe somthing in between? 1.4, 1.6 mm etc i plan on running between 1.8 and 2bar of boost. I`d prefer to go with the 1.2mm hg as ive heard u will gain more torque and also its feels better off boost but my main concern is det ? will it be ok to run 2bar on a 1.2mm hd?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can use 1.2mm headgasket... Just depends on the compression of the pistons.... Then you work out the compression of the engine with everything bolted down

I would want to run between 8:3:1 and 8:6:1 for an everyday 2bar car....

I know that some companies run the GTiR down at 7:3:1 by using 2 headgaskets but thats just silly...

Rishi

JAMMA

How do you work out the compression of an engine once you have changed the pistons and h/g?

Dooie Pop Pop

iirc mines 8:5:1 with a 1.2mm hks gasket and hks pistons........and yes two bar is coming Rishi :lol: i just need to pick my rad up from Si, put it back together and get it over to Allens :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dooie Pop Pop said:
iirc mines 8:5:1 with a 1.2mm hks gasket and hks pistons........and yes two bar is coming Rishi :lol: i just need to pick my rad up from Si, put it back together and get it over to Allens :lol:

Good good... 8)

Keep me posted...

Rishi