Cold air feeds

S

Stoned

Yesterday I was racing my friends scooby up a long hill when it was really hot and despite putting out over 300bhp on the rolling road it felt like I was driving a Fiesta or something :(

My car feels lethargic in hot weather compared to cooler periods. It's not the intercooler as thats a lovely FMIC job but I think I would certainly benefit from a cold air feed of sorts.

So can you buy kits for this or what do other people do?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Remove the Passenger brake duct, drill / cut a hole into the back of it and silicon seal in a length of intake pipe - (not that cr@ppy aluminium stuff :wink: ). Run this up in the wing and out thru' the big hole next to the mini relay/fuse box.

Voila, instant cold air feed :D 8)

S

Stoned

Ah the brake ducts have long gone for the FMIC :)

I was thinking it would probably be something like that but I was wondering if anyone had made boxes up to enclose the filter and reduce the heat soak/

A

Adamski

Disco Dave has a template made up that he made for the large bonnet vent that takes all the air going into it straight to the filter 8) . I was thinking about asking him to make one up for me but if theres a few of us it could be a bit cheaper :D

S

Stoned

Yeah for sure. I'd be interested in that. Makes sense to use the scoop

antgtir

I personally would box off the air filter and create as direct air feed from the passenger side brake duct, ive seen in the past someone selling a fabricated box section to segregate the filter from the rest of the engine bay, if a direct cold air feed where to be directed into it then im sure that would be much more efficient.

If you direct air from above the engine i.e. from the main scoop on the bonnet then surely you will be heating that air up just as if you had the TMIC on :? dont know just a thought.

Ant.

N

Norfy

this is what i made :D does help with airflow and the filter sounds better too :D

N

Norfy

vpulsar said:
Good mod fella 8) :D .

You should make some more :wink: :wink: .

rob
going to, just need to rework it cos im not happy with the indicator.

and i need to find some one that can make a mould of it so i can knock a few out :D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
sounds like a plan :D good idea bud. when i got my first R the NS front indicator used to fall out, i only had to tighten a screw but obviously it was being removed by the previous owner in Japan.

warringtonjack

Top mod mate (not you Rob :roll: :lol: ). I think it would need to have two repeaters in it, one facing front and other to the side. AFAIK the front indicators need to be visible from both front and side :? . But it shouldnt be too difficult to work somethin out! :wink: I'd be well interested in a mod along these lines! :lol: