code 34 knock sensor on going problem!

nismoboy

Im currenty having problems with the knock sensor, it keeps throwing up code 34 on data scan.
The code comes up as soon as the car is started and if ecu is re set it comes straight back up.
Ive replaced the knock sensor with a new nissan genuine item also checked and metered the wiring etc and no probs there,
All leads and plugs, cap are new and fuel pump shows 13.8 v @ the pump,timing is set @20 degrees tps at .5
One thing i am wondering is the car is on axle stands would this set the knock senor off? If not any ideas?
thanks.

pulsar_stu

You could try runing a fresh wire from the ecu into the engine bay.
Have you tried unbolting the det sensor from the block, reset the code and then try running the engine to see if the code comes back.
If it does there's a fault with either the wiring, plug, sensor or ecu.
If it dosnt come up then it has to be the sensor or thers something noisey that the sensor is picking up from inside the engine.

nismoboy

Thanks for the reply, but just re-check the wiring and the det senor plug was plugged into the air regulator! must have been a previous owner anyway switched the plugs around and jobs a good un! thanks.

otooleshane

i had the same problem, car isnt running right, knock sensor code is coming up, took out knock sensor and i was getting the right ohm reading and wiring was fine. does this mean it is detecting knocking in the engine? am i talking big money to get it fixed if there is a knock?

wrc

The 'knock' it's looking for it not engine knock I.E. big end etc. it's looking for pre-ignition I.e. detonation. Pinking. Whatever you want to call it.

Either too little fuel, too much ignition advance or both.

Get it looked at by a tuner.

Fusion Ed

Lee, you need to take it to someone who knows how to check this stuff. Must be someone over there familiar with them?