code 11 help

mattytappy

Keep getting code 11 ie the crank ange sensor coming up on my fault code check.....can anyone tell me were it is.....??...i think its in the distributer is it not?

Also i keep getting an intermitant noise from the distributer cap, changed the whole distributer unit and it went away for a short while and now has come back.

Swapped caps and rotor arms and it helped for a while and then its back? primarly on cold tick over.

Ive also wiped the ecu faults when changing the distributer as i know that this throws up th code 11 and 21....but number 11 keeps popping back up.....and i think its giving me rough idle probs and the odd misfire....with this code would it affect the base ignition timing or when on or off load...ie driving?

Cheers guys.

Matty

Shaun

Your correct,it is in the dizzy.Is your timing/dizzy in the correct position?I had a problem with one sometime ago where the car came to me with problems,first thing i noticed was that the dizzy was turned all the way forward.Did a faultcode check as a matter or course which threw up a code 34 and 11.The timing had ben advanced to cover up the DET sensor fault.Changed the DET sensor for a new one,reset the codes and adjusted the timing/dizzy position and both codes didnt re-appear.

Paul20

just out of interest shaun, where did you get your new det sensor from and were you able to fit it from above the engine or did you go in from underneath?

Shaun

Paul20 said:
just out of interest shaun, where did you get your new det sensor from and were you able to fit it from above the engine or did you go in from underneath?
Hi Paul,i got mine from Martyn AKA VssIrvine and fitteds it from underneath the car :thumbsup: