clutches good for 400 bhp??

dazgtir400

I'm in the middle of building 400bhp + 400ft/lbs motor!! need a clutch?? will be using car on road & track so looking for something not 2 aggressive!!

cheers Daz!!

Last edited:

johnsy

omg not again ,

let me be the first to introduce you to the search bar , lots of reading to be done enjoy !

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
helix paddle easily to drive in traffic but cant remember what it is rated at
330 lbFt if I remember right - I was looking at them the other day for a thread on the MC.

Ironically their heavy-duty plate (i.e. not the standard plate, and not the paddle) is rated to 370lbFt of torque, so is actually a better clutch for high power applications.

shroom

strange yes, I have noticed that, we will have to see :) cost me 100 quid for it and changed it myself so its not a big issue handy when people give up on projects

I have the uprated helix in mine, and its been in the car for a good few years.
And its still in perfect condition, friction plate is almost brand new still, fibres havent even started to splay yet and thats an organic plate aswell.

Nice and light on the pedal, and is great in traffic.
And its took some amount of abuse from track days to 1/4 mile and its still fine aswell.
Fitted a new thrust bearing when i put the new engine in last month just for safeness.

ashills

i ran the heavy organic and the paddle helix at 2 bar on a 3071 the organic held up a lot better the paddle was worn to the rivets when removed the organic was hardly worn and much nicer to drive with

dazgtir400

Thanks 4 the feed back fellas! I was starting 2 think sum of u didnt understand my question!! Anyways I'm look at 5 & 6 puck paddle clutches!! The more puck the smoother the clutch?? Is this correct??

Last edited:

John

Paddle clutch, I thought you wanted driveability aswell?!

I had a OS Giken Paddle in mine before I destroyed it and it was like a switch, on or off. Fine when you get used to it, but hill starts and tight parking was a bit tricky to say the least. Would recommend one to anyone that is using it as a road car unless they really need it to handle big power

Running a Helix now and its really light and lots of feel and im pretty much running 390bhp and 330lb/ft and its more than sufficient.