Clutch

S

Smiler8306

Well,
Ive put a RPS Streetmax clutch into my pulsar about 6 months ago i also put a Nismo pivot point and a new clutch fork in. When i give the car a good driving the clutch starts to play up, it gets hard to get into 1st and 2nd would it be the fork bent and can i get a upgrated one:roll: ive got i bit done to the car and i was thinking of starting a few track days then time attack but i want the car purfect for it:lol:

geetee

Most likely to be the clutch fork either bent or starting to hole with a Streetmax.

You can pull the rubber boot up around it and take a look - do a search there's some piccies on a thread somewhere.

Also worth checking your clutch fluid level, for signs of any clutch fluid on the clutch pedal (head in footwell - look up, you can see where the pedal attachs to the rod from the master cylinder - make sure it is dry - if not it's time for a master cylinder refurb kit from mr nissan), also check clutch slave cylinder for leaks.

There's no uprated clutch forks available off the shelf, but again, do a search and you'll find piccies of how others have reinforced them by welding steel plate on the back - anyone handy with a welder could do this for you. Although I seem to remember someone (maybe pulsarbobby??) offering to make them up to order.

If you're dropping the engine out again to change the fork, it might be worth getting hold of a braided clutch pipe to go from master to slave - I think I got mine from stevepudney on here years back - not sure if he still makes them or not though.

Cheers
Graham

Jonesy

I've had a lot of bother with the clutch pedal box breaking away from the bulk head, due to the rps being so heavy on the foot. Just another thing to look at when you have your head in the foot well.

S

Smiler8306

I took a look in the foot well everything seems ok, The fork has no movement at all but the rod that pushes the fork is at slight angle is it suposed to be?