Clutch weld snapped...

Jen-italia

So...

A few months back the clutch pedal snapped as per the usual R given problems.... I got that all welded back up and fit a support bracket. The car drove okay for a while.

Then it started to get incredibly hard to shift, eventually just not shifting at all and will not start in gear as the car wants to pull forward so badly. Idling at a light in 1st, it wants to pull forward so badly that it stalls.

Turns out the pedal cracked again, with the bracket fitted. Is there another way to strengthen it? Shouldn't the support bracket hold?

I have an ACT 2600 full face clutch, and an ACT 2600 flywheel. I replaced the master and slave with the car down, maybe that will ease some pressure from the pedal?

Help me :( I have been without the R for a couple of months now and I need my fix.

Thank you,
Jenny

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The repair can't have been done properly, the bracket SUPPORTS the pedal assembly it takes the strain and stops the pedal box/bulkhead joint flexing sideways it doesn't hold the bloody thing together if it's already fallen apart.