clutch prob

t16coupe

my car wont go in to first gear when the engine is running but goes in perfect when turned off all other gears select perfect the clutch biteing point is low clutch is a ap racing paddle recon it just needs the pedel adjusting

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging; mine did that when the plate went.

If the pedal was ok, and isn't now, you need to look at what has changed. - It's an hydraulic clutch, so there's no cables to stretch. It's possible you've bent, or pierced, the fork with the heavier clutch.

It may sound blindingly obvious, but check you've got fluid in the reservoir, and that it's not pissing out somewhere. - My plate let-go because the clutch fluid had leaked over it from the slave cylinder, but if that's the problem and you change it soon enough, then you won't destroy the plate.

This is what you get if you let the fluid get onto the friction surfaces:

skiddusmarkus

I have a brand new AP paddle plate if it turns out to be that.A lot cheaper and less hassle than buying a complete new clutch.

johnsy

If the pedal was ok, and isn't now, you need to look at what has changed. - It's an hydraulic clutch, so there's no cables to stretch. It's possible you've bent, or pierced, the fork with the heavier clutch.

It may sound blindingly obvious, but check you've got fluid in the reservoir, and that it's not pissing out somewhere. - My plate let-go because the clutch fluid had leaked over it from the slave cylinder, but if that's the problem and you change it soon enough, then you won't destroy the plate.

is this an exedy organic by any chance?

Gaz gtiR

good effort. lol :doh: