Clutch experiences with 3071@1.6 bar

red reading

I guess that's the main issue we have here : "It's been fine so far". :) As I really didn't want to slap a clutch in, and _hope_ all would be well. Just wonder what the Giken will be like driving around town.

twin plate gikens are fine driving in traffic they are less grabby than puk clutches and with the os bearing are not as heavy as rps/act on the pedal either.

SIR GTIR

Currantly running mine at 1.35bar Havent run it on a dyno yet

XHD Clutch Kit KNI24003XHD
extreme organic plate and XHD pressure plate 1050Kg i have had it slip On boost dropping back from 5th and planting boot and the engagement from a standstill trying to Launch seems to slip as well so wouldnt say this is a good combo But serves as a good fuse instead of Blowing the Box to bits

chrism

Ive been using a helix for over five years on a 3071@1,8 to 2 bar. I skimmed the pressure plate after I rebuilt the engine. It tended to slip before but since then Ive had no issues at all.

warringtonjack

I've been running a twin plate os giken for a while now, and it's fine around town. Light pedal feel, although I do find it quite snatchy pulling away sometimes.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I ran an RPS with my 3071 at 1.9bar. The clutch pedal box failed and I found that when it broke the pressure you were applying was bending the box so requiring more force to push the clutch down. Solution was to buy another box from Bobby, cut the first broken box up and weld it to the side of the new one to double it's strength. I found stopping the flex made the clutch pedal lighter as I wasn't using any force to bend the clutch pedal box.

Whilst my engine is out I'll strengthen the clutch fork too for good measure.

Trondelond

I've been running a twin plate os giken for a while now, and it's fine around town. Light pedal feel, although I do find it quite snatchy pulling away sometimes.
I've got an OS clutch ready to go on the car now, so hopefully it won't be much worse than my ACT.

I ran an RPS with my 3071 at 1.9bar. The clutch pedal box failed and I found that when it broke the pressure you were applying was bending the box so requiring more force to push the clutch down. Solution was to buy another box from Bobby, cut the first broken box up and weld it to the side of the new one to double it's strength. I found stopping the flex made the clutch pedal lighter as I wasn't using any force to bend the clutch pedal box.

Whilst my engine is out I'll strengthen the clutch fork too for good measure.
Pics or it didn't happen! Sounds like a good idea. I probably won't have need for it with the OS, but I'd like to see it nevertheless. As my car is LHD, the UK boxes probably won't do me much good, and there aren't really any other Rs to yank parts off of here.