clocks

saddler

I have just changed my clocks for some after market ones,:? ,but as these did not work correct i put my old ones back in.. the problem i have is that the speedo has stopped working.. i have power at the plug and also a signal coming in to the plug but it still the the speedo dont work i have tried both clocks to still no luck..any ideals...:doh:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
It sounds bang on what is wrong with mine.

I'd say it’s the de-limiter/kph to mph chip that’s faulty, mine is screwed and when on track cuts out at speed, round the 120mph mark.

The speedo has not worked right for over a year and most of my speed is guess work is done by my rev gauge and gear selection :doh: :roll:

I was going to recommend this thread Jon, but the images have been removed :sad:

However it might give you an idea...

click me

Once the chip is replaced it should start working again...

saddler

de-limiter/kph to mph chip mine is located at the rear of the clocks and is wired the signal wire on the clocks connector... how could this chip stop the speedo from working,,

geoff pine

Does it intercept the signal from the speed sensor then change it and send it to the speedo clock i had to change mine as at 120mph the clocks used to buzz and my head lights would flicker. Jon i did reply to your p.m on the mods did you get it

saddler

Does it intercept the signal from the speed sensor then change it and send it to the speedo clock i had to change mine as at 120mph the clocks used to buzz and my head lights would flicker. Jon i did reply to your p.m on the mods did you get it
no i did not get it...

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
de-limiter/kph to mph chip mine is located at the rear of the clocks and is wired the signal wire on the clocks connector... how could this chip stop the speedo from working,,
Ah, yours is diffrent to mine. My de-limter is in the engine bay not behind the clocks...

Not 100% myself how it works, but that method seem'd to work?!?!

saddler

Ah, yours is diffrent to mine. My de-limter is in the engine bay not behind the clocks...

Not 100% myself how it works, but that method seem'd to work?!?!
You spot on andy took out the de-limter and it worked i must have blown it taking it off...:-D