Clifford concept 50X problems

Davey

My car has been in the garage for about two weeks, having a new clutch. Whilst it was there the battery was dissconected to save it going flat. Now my alarm siren doesnt work, the alarm and immobiliser still work, but when I set the alarm off, or arm/disarm it, it doesnt make a noise. Its got an inbuilt battery, presumably this went flat over 2 weeks, and seems to have upset itself.
Any ideas (apart from'its boogered)?

Mr GTiR

Before taking the battery off, the car should have been in valet mode as it thinks someone is trying to cut power to it.

The siren does not stop working for no reason so check wires or the unit has not been damaged. If you can get another Clifford siren swop them over to rule out the siren.

Not sure how to reset the Clifford unit but can ask my mate as he's a Clifford installer.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Did the mechanics get fed-up of it going off and just cut the power to the siren for you?

Davey

lol, I'm sure they havent done anything dodgy to it, he's a bloke I know well, and have used for several years (it's the second clutch he's put in the car for me).
Any help would be appreciated, there are no dealers around Gloucester. I will have a look tommorow to make sure no wires/plugs have been disturbed when it was being worked on. Another thing is, I realised that the siren didnt work when I was sat inside the car, and set the radar(?) detector off. I've never been able to set it off sitting in the car before, I think the proximty zones have always been wrong, but now it works?

Cheers, Dave.