clearances

zia

trying to find following clearances carn,t seem to find them on computor anyone know?

rocker arm wear limit
rocker to cam clearance
shim thickness measured (i ,ve checked mine with micrometer and getting reading like 5.40mm) where the manual shows 3.50mm :?
deck clearance of pistons?
squish clearances?( looked at the standard sr20de and they seem to have better squish on thier heads?
valve collet wear limit?
head skim limit?

thanks zia

zia

yeah i,ve got all that but unless am being complete mr magoo :shock: :lol: those measurement/limits aren,t in there

zia

A

ard1ey

Camshaft-to-rocker clearance is 0.20-0.23mm (Hot) Intake & Exhaust
It should be checked within an area 3mm from each side of the cam lobe

Shim thickness is from 1.50 to 3.50mm and is measured at the thinnest part of the shim (i.e between the surface that sits on the valve stem and the surface the rocker arm presses on). If you use a micrometer with pointed ends there is a small recess on the surface that goes on the valve stem to watch out for.

Manual says the resurfacing limit for the head is dependent on the block:
If A=amount removed from cylinder head & B=amount removed from cylinder block then A+B must be no more than 0.2mm

Manual doesn't seem to have anything about piston deck clearance, rocker wear limit, squish clearance or collet wear.

Phew! Hope that helps out

zia

ah!!! brillant thanks mate, not a lot to play with in terms of reskimming is there?

zia

A

Anonymous

Has this got anything to do with the idea of LPG as a performance fuel? :roll:

A

ard1ey

It is a bit limited, especially if you're looking at reboring the block and cleaing up the joint face afterward. Seems strange there's no deck clearance, as you're stuck with measuring the crank, block, rods and pistons then working it all out for each cylinder - nightmare!!

zia

nope nothing to do with LPG just stripped my spare and looking to get as much info as possibly so that can try few mod to see if there would be possible improvments in torque and hp,there is way of measuring squish volume but it bit technical and it goes way over my head :p trying to source some british custom made pistons but not having any luck!

zia