Clear Rear Lights!!!

B

Ben Chandler

We may have the opportunity to get our hands on some spunky clear rear lights.
Now I know that a fair few of you are gonna be completely un-bothered by this- I know a set of rear clusters ain't gonna make you go any faster, but I for one would love to get a set on my motor.

The lights are going to be pretty unique, we'd need four people (plus me) to put their name down for a set. If just five people want these lights then the price is gonna be £400 per set all inclusive. To some that may sound a lot, but then I suppose that's the price you pay for exclusivity!

However, the more people that order, the cheaper the price becomes. I don't think It'll drop much below £350 thou.

I know your are all gonna ask for pictures. I will have some pics of a set that's been produced for an '95 model MR2, should have these Friday. A while ago I saw some which had been made for Xsara, the quality looked very good. The company that makes them is in France and the company which we would be potentially dealing with would be Carisma Style in Worcester.

Will add pics to this post on Friday. But for now please let me know what you think :roll:

J

jaigtir

sounds nice mate, but the main problem your going to have mate as you mentioned is price :? . Im sure there was someone else that was doing clear rear lights but i dont know what happened??

C

caz

I remember someelse doing them and they were much cheaper than that. The only other prob U will have is R owners don't really want Flax Power mods on there car, sticking to spending there reddies on performance mods

G

GTI-R Kid

People were looking to get them made but they had to make minimum orders of something like 50 in order for the company in question to do a run.

Personally i'd love a set, as i don't see clear rears as being too Flax Power (i wouldn't get lexus style for example) but the price is kinda steep for me to justify it. Thats the same as an AVC-R! :wink:

S

SunnyGTi2.0

coxie said:
i find them a bit lax power as well.just my opinion though :oops:
Have you seen them already, or are you just guessing?

coxie

no mate i am just going off all the other 30million clear lights fitted to every lax power car.

Keira

just ask ex-gtir what happens when you start sticking different lights on the back of a rally car..... :wink:

J

jaigtir

do tell kieron............. i dont think ive heard this one :D

ex-gtir

ive been dis owned by the lancer register for being to max flowery
and ruining a rally car thank christ they have not seen my dash :oops: :wink: each to there own im going for neon washer jets next and some harness pads for my standard seat belt :wink: :wink:
best thing is now i have my new evo engine i will be able to blow them away :? :? :oops: .........................................................................................................not
check out my engine here http://www.lancerregister.com/showt...2dd506e40344a&postid=332992#post332992http://
www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=908464ef15ab6665100114cfbc305e99&threadid=33529

J

jaigtir

yeah, but dont alot of the evo IV, V, VI's have the lexus style lights?
I wouldnt care what anyone else thinks, as long as your happy with it :twisted: .

mike, when you planning on putting the engine in?

ex-gtir

when i go all the bit together it will be going in over a weekend but i still need the gtir back from the spray shop :x

B

Ben Chandler

Ok I've been a bit shit :roll:

I'm gonna have some pics of a set made for an MR2 for thursday at the latest. Hey I'm only a week late!

But it looks like the price maybe a problem. Sadly I cannot do a thing about this, but anyway, check out the pics of the MR2 ones and let me know what you think in a few day when I'll be back armed with sum pics :D

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
I don't think they'd look right on the back of my black car. :?:
Yes, but we have clear front lights, clear front indicators, clear side repeators :)

imho, clear clusters look ok on black cars, and silver cars - and little else.

S

SunnyGTi2.0

Beef said:
Fast Guy said:
I don't think they'd look right on the back of my black car. :?:
Yes, but we have clear front lights, clear front indicators, clear side repeators :)

imho, clear clusters look ok on black cars, and silver cars - and little else.
clear front lights? The standard front lights aren't exactly clear.. (like the BMW's have)