Cheap 2.2 / 2.3 kits on ebay - any good ?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Brian Cower Stoker kits are some of the best you'll get!! Supprised at the price though..

Normally they sell for $4200 and you'd be waiting 16weeks for it to be made too...

Its excellent value and if I was building a 2nd engine, i would probably have it..

Rishi

MINESGTIR

so the advantage of a 2.2 is you can rev more? so you can get more power out of the block ?
it aint really reccomended to someone like me wanting 350 - 400 bhp no ?

thank for any help !!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The advantage should be abit more torque/power compared to a 2L at the same spec and you should be able to make the same power as the 2L at a lower boost level, ie the engine can make the same power and be lessed stressed.

The ability to rev more is down to the components rather than the fact it simply bigger. Not all 2.2s wil out rev a 2L. Some will have a lower rev limit.

Trip

As FastGuy said,

Normally the rev limiter needs to be decreased when adding a stroker kit. This is because the piston is travelling faster at any given rpm then a non stroked engine. The faster the piston travels the more stress on the internals such as rods.

In order to combine both , you need to look at bulletproof internals.

Hence the reason why the Honda S2000 2ltr standard engine revs 9000rpm and the 2.2ltr (JDM 06> or USDM04>)standard engine only 8000.