CHAPPING NOISE BETWEEN REV RANGE

A

Anonymous

I AM GETTING A CHAPPING NOISE BETWEEN 2500 AND 3500 REVS. OUTWITH THIS RANGE ITS AS SOUND-AS-A-POUND!

THE NOISE SOUNDS SIMILAR TO THE NOISE THAT A CHAIN WOULD MAKE IF RUBBING ON SOMETHING WHEN CRANKED.

I OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT TO SNAP/BREAK/DAMAGE ANYTHING!

ANY IDEAS?

Tony

Could be the big ends!!!!!!

Have you tried holdin it at those revs on the motorway in 5th to see if the noise is there???????

Try really gently accelerating then lift off ever so slightly and listen for the noise!!!!

IF its there its prob your big ends on their way out!!!!!

I had the same noise between gear changes and while on the motorway at constant speed!!!!!!

Tony.....

A

Anonymous

Big End Repair

Cheers Tony.

That was my fear. I had been told that by someone else now. Looks probable, eh. Any idea of cost to repair?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Lots :shock: Depend how far you go on the rebuild, just sort crank and bearings or go the whole uprated forged rebuild.

Tony

Dony think its too much!!!!!

You may only need to replace the shells which are about 90quid or cheaper(i think) if you can catch it in time, mine got worse and worse and sounded like sum1 hittin the block with a sledge hammer, that resulted in a new crank!!!!!!

Get your tuner (or do it yaself) to remove the sump and you can get at the big ends to slide out the bearings, its a piece of pi55!!!!

Tony....