changing the radiator

JasonR

Hi how easy is it to change the radiator? i dont really have any experince in mechanics, and does anyone know where i can get a second hand rad from? any help would be great cheers.

npulsar

Hi how easy is it to change the radiator? i dont really have any experince in mechanics, and does anyone know where i can get a second hand rad from? any help would be great cheers.
very easy mate drain water out take pipes off
unplug rad fans undo two bolts at top push down and
push forward and pull out.

yes make sure you bleed the system mate, i had problems with mine when i did it and had to re-do the whole process a few times before i finally bled it properly. There are two bolts you need to undo whilst filling up the system; one is on the right hand pipe that goes from bottom of rad to the mid-right of the engine where it pushes onto the thermostat. On the thermostat (top left) is a small bolt that you have to undo. Keep filling her up until the coolant starts coming out this bolt/hole.... then tighten it.
The next bolt is the one i never did before but once i did it sorted out all my problems. Its the bolt on the head (If you look at your turbo/manifold from the front of the car kneeling down, its on the engine block behind, left and slightly up of the turbo. You'll know its the one because its just a bolt on its own going into the block. It's a bit of a mare to get to mind...). Once you undo that some of the old coolant will come pissing out no doubt. Keep this bolt out as you carry on filling up the system. Again, once your new coolant starts coming out this hole, replace bolt and tighten.
Bobs your uncle...... will work spot on then :)

R

riske

anyone know the inner diameter of the samco rad hoses? Cheers