changing the pitch on an HKS dump valve...

A

Anonymous

Guys
can anyone help??
just picked up my new R and it has a HKS SSV dumpl valve on it...well at least what every other jap car seems to have.

used to have a sheep dog one on my old pne and prefer the sound of it.

currently the HKS dump valve sounds like I am strangling a budgie and how do I change the pitch of it as someone said there is a bolt at the back you can un do and change thet pitch.

has anyone tried this? If I do turn it will it affect the car and the ability to dunp unwanted boost?

thanks for yr help if you can

Nick

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The screw on the back is for adjust the the spring in the BOV depending on the amount of boost you're running... When running more boost you might want to tighten up the spring a little...

Rishi

E

Edd

i think you can change the insert inside it for different coloured one which changes the sound, if you do a search you'll probably find something
im sure i read people going on about the purple insert :? :?

Nad

There is a purple and a gold insert. The purple one makes it echo and the gold one makes it more of a high pitch. I spose if u loosen it off it will open easier and deepen the sound, experimentation i suppose.

Nad

A

Anonymous

cheers guys

am a little reluctant to start changin it at the moment as not sure if it will affect the car??

what do u mean about the purple insert? do you have to buy it or will it have come with the dump valve?

I prefer the fluttering type to the strangled budgie as just not me.

if anyone wants to do a swap then let me know.

Nick

Nad

Yeah u gotta buy them, about £15 in UK no doubt. Just turn the bolt both ways but remember by how much so u can change it back if need be.

Nad

S

srbpower

We've got loads of these little things, think dan has been having a play to see what sounds he can make :roll: :D

Si :)

S

srbpower

But know one seams to know which is the loudest, some say the gold some say the purple. THink it just depends on your setup.

A

Anonymous

ok si cheers.
how much you want for one?
any idea in the diff as I want more of a flutter than anything!

will check in mine as to what is in there.

nick

S

srbpower

I'll ask dan, they came over in the last shipment. Think dan just wanted a look and a play :roll: we got all the different colours. Post in our section or I'll get in trouble :wink:

S

srbpower

They're £15.21 each, or £15 in realsothebloody21pencemoney :D

Gold = louder
purple = quieter

We have both in stock

Thanks

Dan