Changing Roof Lining Colour?

maz

Yo! anyone tried changing the colour of the roof lining? as i like the inside of my car to be as dark as possible and will be getting the seats re-trimmed blackish soon, so i was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make the roof lining black also?

thanks alot for the help guys.

/maz

Dooie Pop Pop

OI! thats my idea :lol:

it' d look f' ing ace imo, iv always hated that drab beige lining.

maybe you could dye it rather than spray

maz

aye thats an idea....but yes definetly the beige colour is awfully drab, how would you go about the dying process then? hmm, il need to research this!

Dooie Pop Pop

keep me posted on what you find :wink:

i was thinking maybe some sort of dip treatment OR just ripping the whole thing out and binning it along with the entire interior and going back to black (metal) as it were.

rear passengers only slow me down anyway :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

Why not do a Mike Brewer special and spray it with cans of matt black paint? :lol:

maz

i dont have much experience in spraying stuff to look good! im guessing u just need to keep a decent distance to stop the paint running and also give it a couple of coats? or is there alot of stuff like undercoats or primers and yady yady? :shock:

Dooie Pop Pop

maz said:
i dont have much experience in spraying stuff to look good! im guessing u just need to keep a decent distance to stop the paint running and also give it a couple of coats? or is there alot of stuff like undercoats or primers and yady yady? :shock:
several coats if you want it to look flat and even :wink:

best bet is to keep your foot down when carrying passengers, iv found this usually shuts em right up while their asses grip the seat like buggery :lol:

failing that you' ll have to do a proper job if you actually care what it looks like :p

JIMMYBACK

SickBoy said:
Yup it was sprayed and yes youve guessed it ....not by me :lol: :lol:

Lee
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: wot you lot moaning about.i dont even have a roof lining ... :lol: :lol: :wink:

maz

is it difficult to rip the lining out and put it back in? as it looks very clean and fits perfect so id hate to pull it out if its gonna look all scabby when i go to put it back on...anyone tried it? :(