Catch Can Setup

saddler

What is the correct setup for a catch can ?
This is the set up im running ? this look ok ?

nimhbk

bit like mine but i put a crank case breather on instead of the pipe going to the filter.
been on now 6 months and it has not blown up lol

geoff pine

So whats the thinking behind having both is the o.e 1 to small or is some thing to do with higher bhp than standard ? . why would you go from an oil seperator to a catch can i replaced my o.e 1 with a forge oil seperator .

PulsarTom

Ive got no oil seperator but a catch can on mine now, and ever since ive installed it, the can fills up after ten minutes!! Do you place the can at the same height as the outlet off the rocker cover?

saddler

So whats the thinking behind having both is the o.e 1 to small or is some thing to do with higher bhp than standard ? . why would you go from an oil seperator to a catch can replaced my o.e 1 with a forge oil seperator .
tbh i set mine up like it as i did not want to lose the oe seperator,,, i can't see any disadvantage of having both..

Ive got no oil seperator but a catch can on mine now, and ever since ive installed it, the can fills up after ten minutes!! Do you place the can at the same height as the outlet off the rocker cover?
tom that don't sound good,,somebody with more knowledge will be able to help you out on this one,,

R

riske

Doubled that doesnt sound good. I'm currently running both and have no problems. i have also just ran it with the can and a pvc valve blocker and it wasnt helping the car breathe at all, also made the can fill up a bit. removed the blocker and also put the oil seperator back on and all is good. ;-)