Carbon items

Pete Watson

Went to Japfest yesterday, was disapointed not to find anyone with 'R' bits for sale, was hoping to get a few bits and pieces but came away with nothing.

I am looking to replace various interior and extreior panels and a few engine bay bits with Carbon Versions, does anyone know what is currently available in the UK to buy, i have done a search and it seems most owners are asking if items can be made rather than items that are already available. Anything Carbon would be a start.

If anyone can point me in the right direction...careful, i would be grateful.

Rgs Pete

nismoboy

i feel your pain :) i want carbon bits too but theres just no companies willing to make parts for the R. James at innovate has shown some interest but progress is rather slow :( U could try emailing him and if other members would show interest then maybe he would get things rolling?

heres a list of the things im after

a standard sunny bonnet
f/r door cards
whole rocker cover
carbon centre console with out, cig lighter and ash tray
carbon spoiler
carbon panel so we can remove the glove box
carbon tail gate
even a carbon propshaft if we can get some made cheap enough as im not paying 2k.

Jgti-R

would love a standard sunny bonnet in carbon, spoiler would be good too, have searched and searched but found noone willing to do it!

anyone out there?
:wink:

Pete Watson

I think some of the problem may be the lack of commitment shown by some 'R' owners. I have seen a lot of guys asking about Carbon items but when it comes to putting their names on a list they go very quiet, from a Manufactures point of view they are not going to take us serious if owners can't commit to a pre-order list.

I will get in touch with a company i have used in the past to make items for other cars i have been rebuilding, i know when i last spoke to them they were starting to get various orders for items in Carbon. Will let you know what i can find out.

Rgs Pete

N

Norfy

im after;

flush carbon tailgate
carbon spoiler
flat carbon doorcards
carbon dash trims
carbon arch lips
carbon side mouldings
carbon bumper covers for upper plastic bit

just money is a bit tight at the mo :(

I

Innovate Performance

i will work out what parts we are willing to get done and have them made up but it will take some time.

Things we will get done.

Bonnet
boot lid
arch mouldings
spoiler

and we can go from there.

will let you know the progress.