carbon headlight vent

tomgtiR

hi

i have bought the origanl mould sadsack used to make his headlight vents.

these were made out of fibreglass and boned to the rear of a heads light, ok but not the best in my opinion.

no im not far off createing a vent wich does not need a rear of a headlight to be butcherd.

next problem is... i love the design but there is no waythat the vant can be made of 1 peice of carbon there is goin to be joins. evan using vacuum bagging its not feasable. in some corners the the weave is very much disorted and looks rubish, i have had a look at other designs but there are not ass deep as this vent, would these hoins put any one off i reckon ill have a finished item in two week that will bolt up and will not require a rear of a head light.

my question is will these joins put people off the vent?

williams

if its £30 then i'd take 1, would even have 1 in fibreglass if its gunna cost less, if you wanna sell a trial fibreglass 1 let me know.

tomgtiR

emptyed. right iv had a m,assive problem with my vacume pump today so iv VERY QUICKLY hand laid onetbh this is nothing link ethe finished article and is really only fit for the bin. but now i have the paterns for the carbon and i am sort of happy i will vaume bag one and get the finished article on show..

ill post pics up of the finished hand laid quick one but please not this is not of finished quality asnd is fit for the bin only

tomgtiR

yes it is silver carbon from the USA. as you can see from the pic, the headlight vent is really deep and has sharp edges, composites don't like sharp edges, there fore a vacuum is only real option to fabricate this from carbon fiber as the vacuum hode it perfect to the mould and eliminates resin build up. as said before this ih hand laid and if off in the bin

joints are seen in the pics which were my main concern