Carbon fibre development

Lionel

Hi all,

As some of the other member and trader on the forum have started developing new parts and changing old parts for the Pulsar i thought we would try as well.

As the title of the post says we are looking to develop parts from carbon fibre for the pulsar.

I have been talking to a member of staff from a F1 team and we have come up with some parts that we can make at low cost.

Also after the topic where we were talking about carbon intake pipes i have been told that YES it can be done so we will also be doing these ASAP.

i am sending off a number of parts to be made in carbon:

parts list:

Power Steering pot
Intake pipe
Inter cooler piping
Standard inter cooler cover
Rock cover
Dash parts

Last edited by a moderator:

youngsyp

Lionel,

What type of design will the intake pipe be ?

Will it have a flanged turbo fitment and Samco etc connection to the MAF ? So, true turbo to MAF ?

Also, will it be a 'blank' pipe, with no vacuum connections ?

Paul

GTIR-LOZ

how much roughly are we looking at for these parts a carbon rocker cover with a carbon spark plug cover would look 8)

MINESGTIR

I would be interested in :

rocker cover and dash parts.

i have carbon fibre spoiler on way from japan and have the bonnet already !!

Lionel

Yep we have been talking about this as well.

I will be adding pics and info to this post as we get parts sorted.

Plz bear with me on this as it is not going to be done over nite - it will take time for the R&D to be done etc but once we have the parts you will all love them as we have some awesome parts being made.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

i want a carbon fibre body shell please but dont wanna pay more than fifty quid for it! please can you deliver it too for that amount?

Dooie Pop Pop

pulsarboby said:
i want a carbon fibre body shell please but dont wanna pay more than fifty quid for it! please can you deliver it too for that amount?
50quid!:shock: id want two for that, plus a forged engine and quaife:lol:

marcymarc

Can i just ask a quick question please

If you had carbon intercooler pipe would it still benefit from lagging?? like you lot have been doing lately.

Or would the properties of carbon fibre alone give sufficient insulation

thats better ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr GTiR

Lionel, i have a spare set of door and rear quarter carsd if you want me to donate these? I can send them down with the spoiler.

Lionel

marcymarc said:
Can i just ask a quick question please

If you had carbon intercooler pipe would it still benefit from lagging?? like you lot have been doing lately.

Or would the properties of carbon fibre alone give sufficient insulation

thats better ;-)

From what iv been told you would not need to LAG the pipe work. As when we make the pipeing we would add a resin that would allow the pipe to take very hi temp and not suffer from heat soak.

jameswrx2

blimey, wouldn't of even thought it was possible as I've never heard of one before?

it's the whole reservoir right? not just a cover?