carbon bonnet

abyss

Where can you get one for the R that looks exactly the same as the old bonnet and how much would i be looking at for one.

mattygti-r

think there was a group buy on a couple or innovative performance where doing some , think it was around £500?

also just quick question on your sig , there seems to be ALOT of people having these types of problems on here, have you tried asking the mods?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
CFXUK did them (via import from canada) but CFXUK have stoped trading now. I think there were nearer £700, butI'd have to check the thread if it's still there.
The quality was good, it fitted well although the front drivers side corner sits very slightly high, and it weighs 10KG less than the standard bonnet.

I vaguely remember seeing someone advertising them again, but I can't remember where :?

paz

You can still get them from CFX in canada - although whether you'd trust them to deliver complete within 12 months is a different matter :lol: You can also get them from a different company in Oz, but when I asked they tried to seriously clobber me with shipping.

I've heard talk of a few group buys and other companies creating a bonnet, but they all seem to have pretty much died a death!

Paz

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
CFX are now supplying carbon bonnets through another UK company...

Can't remember the name but they advertise in JTuner or JP...

Rishi

deank93

I spoke to Dan at SRB recently i mentioned Gti-R carbon bonnets and was told he should be able to get hold of them for £500 ish.

S

Stoned

and it weighs 10KG less than the standard bonnet.
Is that it?

The standard bonnet weighs a ton. How is it a carbon fibre bonnet weighs only 10kg less

abyss

i think with the carbon bonnet, the underside is metal and the outer carbon could be wrong though.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Stoned said:
and it weighs 10KG less than the standard bonnet.
Is that it?

The standard bonnet weighs a ton. How is it a carbon fibre bonnet weighs only 10kg less
Standard bonnet weighed 16.5kg ish, the CFX one weighed 6.5kg ish. (the Turini one weighed 8kg)

The underside reinforcing is fibreglass and so heavier than the skin and probably doubling the weight.