carbon bonnet

G

GODZUKI

Does anyone have a list of companys
that do carbon fibre bonnet for the R

Rgds
k

JIMMYBACK

theres a company called lite tuned in harrow i believe that doo carbon fibre accerories ...............cheers jimmy

A

Anonymous

Re: CB

GODZUKI said:
No good m8,

dont do it for our little monsters
if you do a search for carbon bonnets,i'm sure you'll find at least 2 companies will crop up

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you search the forum (hint look in the group buy forum :roll: ) you'll find a group buy on carbon bonnets from CFX uk.
So try contacting CFX and see what price they want as the group buy has finished as such (I think)

paz

Fast Guy said:
If you search the forum (hint look in the group buy forum :roll: ) you'll find a group buy on carbon bonnets from CFX uk.
So try contacting CFX and see what price they want as the group buy has finished as such (I think)
A LOT!

I asked bream about a second group buy, but got no response. Think I'll try CFX directly.

Paz

J

jiw

Rite give me a couple of days and i will get back to you, my mate has teamed up with a motorsport suppliers local to me, he has the moulds made for the bonnet, centre vent and side vent's, also wings coming soon, i will talk to them about price and get info on a possible group buy, These will be 100% carbon bonnet's, jeff.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jiw said:
Rite give me a couple of days and i will get back to you, my mate has teamed up with a motorsport suppliers local to me, he has the moulds made for the bonnet, centre vent and side vent's, also wings coming soon, i will talk to them about price and get info on a possible group buy, These will be 100% carbon bonnet's, jeff.
What about a rear hatch :D

J

jiw

will call in and have a chat with them over the weekend hopefully, see what can be done etc, these parts have been on the cards for ages, just starting to progress now he has gone in with this company, jeff

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Should have asked as well, what about kevlar options as it's supposed to be lighter and stronger than carbon fibre?

gtirneil

paz said:
Fast Guy said:
A LOT!

I asked bream about a second group buy, but got no response. Think I'll try CFX directly.

Paz
Paz my darling sweetie pie, can you let me know a price as i would like a carbon bonnet too 8) :lol:

geoff pine

i would be very intrested in a carbon fibre bonnet as ive just found the joys of the forum saw pictures of the group buy end of december deffo put me down for one 8)

geoff pine

a carbon bonnets a carbon bonnet aslong as it looks good is lighter than the od one and is agood fit if im wrong im soon going to fine out

J

jiw

Well, it depends on the quantity of carbon used in the bonnet so i am told, some people tend to use as little carbon as possible and make it up with extra resin/cheaper materials to keep costs down and profits up, im sure you can get different weaves which too effects the quality of the bonnet

They will be slightly different from the one below, the centre vent will be seperate, like the original bonnet and it will not be black in between the vents, it will be carbon

The side vents will also be made from carbon and will fix seperately, jeff

http://www.carbonfibrefx.com/products/GTI-RNissan2.jpg

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're going to arrange another CFX group buy, could you start another thread for it please. :wink:

paz

Update for you all.

I've spoken to CFX directly and they are interested in a second group buy for both carbon and kevlar bonnets - which are available with a coloured weave if wanted.

They are just checking into prices and timescales and will get back to me asap I hope.

Paz