carbon arches

jaygtir

I have just fitted these to the rear of my car because i put 32 mm spacers on the back so to cure the rubbing i cut the original arches off and fitted these but i dont know weather to fit them on the front as well see what you guys think

IMG00045-20110110-1032.jpg

Trip

They look sweet. Thanks for the heads up since i wasn't too sure they would look good.

I had bought some arches very similar to those but not carbon. I was gonna put them on (after seeing yours) when i find the time.

What size are yours , i think yours are slightly wider then mine ?

Mad

I have also been comtemplating having wider arches fitted and looking at yours think I would probably add them without worrying about looking rubbish.

It certainly is the easiest option for a wider track so thumbs up from me.

Would be handy to know sizes and difference in weight being carbon.

grim_d

Surprisingly for me I think they look pretty good! Would look good on a track car, Love that visible fixings look. Need to seem them on all 4 though.

Tim

They look good, you now need much less offset and the same at the front.

Links to where you got them from would be good as well.

jaygtir

I got them off a fella on a mr2 fourm he got them from california.

They are the same size as yours trip i think i have just roughly mesured them.

I dunno weather to put them on the front tho i think it might look a bit much.

They weigh about 0.25 kilo

Trip

Mine are only 45mm wider and yours from the pic look more.

The guy i bought them off had also 65mm wide arches

red reading

you have got to fit them on the front as well jamie to balance the looks, it's going to look a smart car with the carbon bonnet and spoiler on there too. (once i sort out it getting to you).

I prefer those arches to the se nissan/turini kit as the car is still keeping its original looks

grim_d

Trip, those ones you have look quite cool, even more subtle, and probably cheaper, where did you get them from?

I'm considering this on my project now, looks pretty good, has handling benefits and saves welding in new rear arches.

Trip

They were around a 100 delivered. I found them off ebay but the seller is long gone.

These which i have are 45mm wide. Depending if they clear my wheels and i find a replacment i might sell these for wider ones.

watoga

I would be very interested to hear how differently the GTiR handles with the wider track. Might be a worthy upgrade for track-based cars.

Great find. Those are 76mm wide. time for a change :)
Trip, you're very good at documenting your mods with pictures. Can I request a few snaps and a "how-to" guide for the forum once fitted? :)

Cheers,
Dave

watoga

stick them up to the arch and drill! simples like an old landrover
LOL! That sounds easy enough, but I wasn't sure if Evan was going to cut away any of the existing arches for more clearance. Or maybe that just makes more unnecessary work? :)

Dave