car starting to missbehave

gtir bean

recently it has started feeling a bit sluggish and starts to hesitate,pop and bang when you give it some.i checked the timing and done o fault code check and all is fine.i just put on a new rotor arm and will get a cap this week(im prettey sure its the cap causing the problem)the leads are pretty new as are the plugs.just want some reassurance that it should be a simple prob?

kyepan

I put a blue print cap on once and my car ran like shit, get a decent nissan one if you havn't already. als put a blue print arm on once too, and it corroded away in under 12 months.

gtir bean

it still starts and runs fine,just feels a bitt sluggish and pops a bit when you try and nail it.still boosts to 1bar etc.it has been raining and misty the last few days so not sure if that would have an effect.

A

Anonymous

gtir bean said:
it still starts and runs fine,just feels a bitt sluggish and pops a bit when you try and nail it.still boosts to 1bar etc.it has been raining and misty the last few days so not sure if that would have an effect.
known problem with the R is water getting down into the plugs especially with fmic but still happens even with a top mount.

best way to cure it is with an air line then fit a cover.a little alloy plate fits the bill nicely :D

antgtir

I had a bit of a prob with my R i.e. it was burbling like a scooby when on full throttle and very hesitant, so i went to Nissan and bought myself all new plugs, leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap, i must say the quality of these products is something else much better than the crap im used to lol. Anyway after all that its done the job and feels much more responsive so a lead or plug or something on the elec side of things must have been breaking down and not supplying a good current etc

Try these first if they dont do the trick at least you've eliminated them from the possible could be list :wink:

Goodluck, Ant.