car not starting

kev_200uk

as above, been workin on car all week, done drivers suspention today(cheers pulsarboby) and changed the brakes and the same time, started the car this mornin and it was fine and started 1st time, but after i finnished doin suspention i tried to start the car and nothin happened, it ticked ova n wanted to start but somethin was stoppin it from kickin in, anyone got any ideas?

EVOBAD

coil may be when they go they go a mate of mine went for mot it passes just as he was reversing out of garage the car stoped coil had gone

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try a fault code check to see if anything comes up.

Might also be worth taking the dizzy cap off to make sure the rotor arm hasn't fallen off.

Do you have enough fuel?

Fuel pump packed in?

kev_200uk

fast guy- ive been workin on the drivers side suspention, not touched anythin else, plenty of fuel, dad mentioned bout the fuel pump this afternoon, couldnt do it though cause it was chuckin it down with rain, i will check the fault code tomorro

P

pulsarboby

if it sounds like it wants to start then you may have just flooded it! and you have a spark there (just a guess, mind)

take the plugs out and heat them all up over a cooker hob, then quickly put them back in and try starting it then, whilst there warm;-)

kev_200uk

i will try that too mate, may take a while though need to take oil cooler n carbon sheet off too as u can see in my pic <<<, it started in the mornin, but come bout 4ish tonight it wouldnt start at all not even first time,

Dooie Pop Pop

pulsarboby said:
if it sounds like it wants to start then you may have just flooded it! and you have a spark there (just a guess, mind)

take the plugs out and heat them all up over a cooker hob, then quickly put them back in and try starting it then, whilst there warm;-)
turn over engine for 5 or 6 secs then push the throttle down about an inch;-)

Dooie Pop Pop

check if the fuel pump is priming when you turn on the ignition, you may have to get someone to listen with the boot open if its the oe pump but you can hear a walbro from the drivers seat.

edit just read FG' s post:doh: :lol:

kev_200uk

ive sorted it now guys cheers!!, i took the spark plugs out, they looks a bit black(overfueling) cleaned them up, n it started 1st time 1st click, cheers again peeps