Can Nistune control boost?

Perrin21

Hi, I was wondering if I could ask if anyone knows if nistune can control boost? I am looking for an elegant and reliable setup in my car and believe that boost control would be better taken care of by the ecu. Is this opinion shared or is a separate boost controller the preferred way?

Trip

I don't think It can but even if it does it would be limited how much it can do.

Best is to ask Fusion Ed

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The A'Pexi PFC has a boost control kit for it, but I didn't think Nistune did.

Fusion Ed

Its not Nistune, I say this quite a lot but Nistune provides an interface, thats all. It doesn't enable any features not already present. Now, the ECU does have basic boost functions, but its very much on or off, and is not afaik (never tried) easily user programmable. Some other nissan ECUs do have boost control that's mappable (S14A).

Basically however, no, you cant do this via stock ecu.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ed, what can the standard ecu do(features)? What are the limits of the standard ecu that you have to say "sorry, I can't do that" with it?

Trip

Ed, what can the standard ecu do(features)? What are the limits of the standard ecu that you have to say "sorry, I can't do that" with it?
It won't talk and jump like K.I.T.T and neither HJ's or BJ's.

I think it a great ECU for our cars and will give you as much bhp as the MAF's limitation. Over that you possible need to change to "MAP" based ECU. It does not have anti lag either which most aftermarket ECU's struggle to do just the same.

Good question though, Does it retard ignition based on knock

Fusion Ed

Knock control is lame to the point its hardly worth having.

As for limitations, it will run 1000cc injectors and idle fine usually, your not limited by Z32 maf either, there are other ones that will work which will read up to 700hp, although I have not personally tried these.

I can do a basic launch control of stock ECU which is pretty good fun, though I don't really push that much as I don't want people blaming me for broken gearboxes...

What nistune does do is create a brill interface to enable reprogramming of the stock ecu. No other solution comes close to this.

As for saying "sorry, I can't do that" I never yet have, £ for £ nothing comes close. If you need maps for different fuels then you use a multiple rom board with a switch. Where it can fall short is that it does not have built in logging facilities, and lack of MAP sensor support, but actually these ecus are great. I frequently put them on totally unrelated Nissan vehicles as they are so good at making an engine run reliably. I have had them running in Micras/Almeras/Primeras, with 1.4/1.6/2/0 engines. Which on the face of it are totally incompatible (especially the Micra/Almera)

It would be nice to have a MAP based gtir ecu. This is possible to, but slightly more awkward. Kind of makes me tempted to look into a way to do this :) lol.

Spikey

Ill be after one shortly and will book my car in with Ed, as i hear nothing but great stuff. do you also supply fit and map Nistune in house?