Calling all ARC tmic owners

Animaldaz

Just aquired an ARC, and have found the oe cover wont fit without slight modification, is this normal? Have you guys managed to get the cover on or have you not bothered refitting it?

antgtir

I managed to get mine on (at a push) it doesn't fit great and is very tempting to remove completely tbh.

Looks like its a common issue with them, not critical though ;)

Ant.

Animaldaz

Thanks for the reply Ant, i guess without the cover air will flow over the whole cooler rather than just the core, but i think you will get more rain water in the bay as there will be no seal between the bonnet and tmic. Ill have a go at modding the cover tomorrow as i think its preferable to have it, would you agree with that?

antgtir

TBH Ive never made a major point at looking whether the seal is good enough without the cover on as i managed to get the cover on with some effort lol.

I may change to having no cover, all depends on the seal really.

you can pick up a cover pretty easily so it may be worth your while modifying a spare cover and make it purpose fit for the ARC.

Ant.

Animaldaz

The cover ive got is in very good condition and has no rust so im a bit against having to modify it, although i think it will only need a bit of minor adjustment to fit. As you say i could always get hold of another one for ARC use.

P

PK11NN

hey mate i definatly had to mod mine to make it fit on my series 2 arc
from what i remember a piece on the inside of the shroud had to be grinded back and also the whole back part had to be trimmed and the rubber seal redone to get it to sit at the back of the cooler if i remember correctly
all the best with it

Animaldaz

Well i got it on easily, i just removed the rubber strips at either end and it slid on, i was expecting to have to get my hammer out.
So what is the difference between series 1 and 2 ARC's? And how do you know which one you have? As mine doesnt have a designation, only a serial number and SUPER INTERCOOLER on it. Is it because they started making again or maybe they never stopped.