Bypassing the standard boost solenoid

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Hi peeps was just going to fit my boost controller but was wandering how to bypass this sensor :?: is it a simple case of blocking the 2 pipes off which run (1 in the s shaped air filter pipe and one is t-pieced into the pipe from the plenum to the actuator) into it and leave the electrical connection how it is :?:

Cheers

geetee

My R is setup with a bleed valve - but same principle.

The 2 pipes which went to the boost solenoid have 5mm (or maybe 6mm) bolts in the end and taped.

The electrical connection is still attached to the solenoid.

I haven;t had any problems.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

N

N1SMO

i just disconected it and took it off the car all together when fitting the boost controller

A

Anonymous

why is there a need to remove it when going with a manual bleed valve

celm

i want to know also.i have a apexi boost controller.but the stock boost controler is still pluged in.but not the tubes for it.will it pop codes if i take it off?

B

bean

I've disconnected the boost hoses from the solonoid and bypassed it.

The pipe from the intake pipe is plugged up with a 5mm bolt, the remaining two hoses (from Actuator and from IC) are connected together using a Dawes device.

:)

geetee

I believe it opens the wastegate when it thinks the car is overboosting.... which is a good safety measure - unless your deliberately winding the boost up !! 8)

I don;t know what pressure it reacts at though...

Cheers
GeeTee

N

N1SMO

If you are using a boost controler or blead valve the solenoid is no use as its function is to open the wastegate at .7 bar anything under .7 it holds the valve shut.

whats the point of having something there that you are bypassing.