Bypassing the knock sensor

• Thread starter MORRISMINOR GTI-R
  • Start date
M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

If anybody has done this please would you be kind enough to tell me what kind of resistor i need and where to solder it in line? Im sure the sensor is broke as it is cracked, as i know the car is running spot on id rather bypass it then pay £186 :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't bypass it if I were you - just because the car is running spot on now doesn't mean it can't change very rapidly! Could you not get one second hand from a breaker for less? :)

I've got a spare CA18DET one but I've got a feeling they're not the same :(

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

no i think it goes on cc / bore size etc so that one wouldnt do. I know what you mean but if the car is knocking then its f**ked anyway, and will a wideband setup in soon so i can check the fueling myself 8)

ashills

there not CC related as ours is the same as the Z32s
i wouldnt get rid of it if i were u as i have a wide band in car all the time but just becasue ur fueling ok doesnt mean that the ignition is ok all the time
also u never know u may get a didgy batch of fuel or something like that come flying out petrol station detting all the way
have a look on USA sites that have them listed for the Z32 im 99% sure they use the same one if in doubt check on the nissan parts cd

MarkTurbo

MORRISMINOR GTI-R said:
I know what you mean but if the car is knocking then its f**ked anyway
:roll: Not necessarily :wink:

Look at it this way. £186 for a det sensor or lots of £££££££ for an engine rebuild if you were getting any detonation.

J

jiw

Hi mate, i ordeed a det sensor the other week as i got a code 34.

When changing the det sensor i found that the wire was broken, therefore the sensor may be ok, no guarantees with that though.

make me a daft offer and its yours, jeff.

A

Anonymous

bttt

does anyone have an idea how to bypass it?

wanna bypass it on a r/road to check if its that or not

any help is greatly appreciated 8)

daz

i tried bypassing the knock sensor with several resistors at john nobles nothing seemed to work ended up getting a second hand one and now is back to being sweet as a nut. but the thing is with a knock sensor the ecu is listening for noise and the fault code is registered when the ecu reads a short or open circuit so to be honest without a diff ecu u cant bypass it.only by putting something in there that gives noise to the ecu. other point is that u could get a microphone from argos for £9.99 that should do it :lol: :lol:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

i'll try it later on after work then. Ginga, i take it that you mean snip the signal wire from the sensor to the ecu and groung the side that goes to the ECU? so what do you do with the wire fom the sensor?just leave it?

A

Anonymous

can someone let me know how they go with this and what is the actual resistors value? as i need to do something similar.

cheers!!

Andrew