Bushes

Is it a good idea to grease the bushes?
I have an annoying creek from the front wishbone when driving. Im sure its the bushes as when i took the wishbone off ages ago and cleaned it then torqued it all up it seemed to stop the creeking.
Now it's back again.... so i was thinking of greasing them up?

Cheers.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think you should be putting normal grease on them; I know the polybushes come with special white grease which you are supposed to use.

Trip

Well if they are the standard bushes which came with the car 18yrs ago, its about time to replace them :)

You should use lithium based grease.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Powerflex haven't gone anywhere. Yes the fire was a setback, but it didn't take them that long to get back to work.

Cheers guys, i didn't bother doing anything with them at the weekend. I'm just going to buy new bushes when i get payed :)
Might go for the standard Nissan ones though, as the island roads are so terrible I think Polly Bushes are not the best way to go?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I put poly bushes on because they were cheaper and easier to get my hands on. On the whole I try to keep the front a little softer than the back because that helps with the understeer (more roll gives better road contact and therefore grip on a road car; I apreciate that it's probably different for a track car).

darkyGTI-R

Didn't powerflex go up in ashes I read somewhere?Also you couldn't get anymore bushes from them?
Or was it just a rumour?

red reading

Rumor darky,power flex did burn down but they are still trading,power flex bushes are soft btw lads so you won't notice to much noise difference compared to new standard bushes,there are harder bushes available but not from powerflex.

stumo

Rumor darky,power flex did burn down but they are still trading,power flex bushes are soft btw lads so you won't notice to much noise difference compared to new standard bushes,there are harder bushes available but not from powerflex.
Get them from VSSIrvine......

PulsarLee

Hi, I would like to check and replace my bushes if necessary. Do these come in a kit?? what do you get? what sort of price and are they easy to fit??
thanks

Lee