Bump steer kits

S

Stoned

Well I've ordered me one as searching back on this forum it appears a lot of people recommend them in solving the understeer the R has.

However I'm still not entirely clearly how a simple bit of metal can make so much difference. What is it these kits do?

kyepan

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/ click on products and go down to the bump steer kit. thats the official kit, but there is a home made one knocking about, and you can get dust boots for it too to make the rose joints last.

It simply moves the pivot point of the track rod up so when the suspension compresses it doesnt turn both the wheels out as much. I had the long hand version expalained by a couple of engineers once, but basically when the standard r suspension compresses the wheels turn out so they are not going where you intended, this stops most of that extra movement.

If you do any mod to the car, do this one (and brakes :wink: ) first.. totally changes the way it handles.. totally. You will start munching broads like there is no tomorrow. plus its cheap as chips.

S

Stoned

Got me 300mm 4pot brakes and the bump steer kit in the post for next weekend mate :D

Gonna have some fun round the country lanes I think

kyepan

Stoned said:
Got me 300mm 4pot brakes and the bump steer kit in the post for next weekend mate :D

Gonna have some fun round the country lanes I think
Yep you will.. make sure you get it lazer alligned once its fitted, with neutral track on the front. :wink: there are settings on here

S

str_motorsport

i am going to fit the full whiteline kit to my gti-r with D2 coliover kit, so i may be intrested in a bumbsteer kit too...
whene can i find che cheaper one?

kyepan

str_motorsport said:
i am going to fit the full whiteline kit to my gti-r with D2 coliover kit, so i may be intrested in a bumbsteer kit too...
whene can i find che cheaper one?
have a search for the "cheep bump steer kit" thread, the details are on there.