broken turbo actuator

A

Anonymous

Hi guys

My turbo actuator is probably broken (fully standard car mostly boosts off the scale, but sometimes holds at 0.7 bar, like its supposed to), So I'd like to change it. Are there uprated actuators of some sort ? If yes, how do I fit them ? :)

GINGA

the garrett ones used for cossies,rst's etc are a direct replacement about £80 the normal types are -31 for 7psi boost(standard) or -34 for 14psi :wink:
Changing it is really a turbo off job, you'd have to be some kind of magician to change it without removing the turbo :(

A

Anonymous

The car is still running standard, what actuator would I need ? go for the standard 7 psi or the 14 psi ? If I fit the 7 psi one, can I still up the boost to say 1.3 bar with a boost controller ?

GINGA

If you want to run upto 1.3bar and no lower the 0.9bar then go for the 14psi one but if you want to drive on standard boost then turn it upto 1.3bar for special ocasions then you'll need the 7psi one.
Though unless you've got some form of fuel controller it wouldn't be advisable to run more than 1.1bar and at the same time if you have got a fuel controller it wouldn't be advisable to turn it down from 1.3bar to 0.65bar as it will then overfuel badly :(