brakes.

mikey bean

on the front i will be going for something like 330mm discs and 8 pot calipers but on the rear im wanting to know do the 2 pot 300zx rear calipers fit?? if so is there a mod i can do for a handbrake??

also is using the 300zx brake master cyl a good idea as it is bigger.

thanks for any help.

mike

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I suspect the answer is anything can be made to fit. - I'm pretty sure they won't just bolt-on.

If you wanted to, you could run a separate handbrake calliper; I don't know about the legality (for an MOT), but you could also install a line lock on the rear brakes so that the hydraulics hold them on.

red reading

best mod is to put larger rear discs on make some caliper brackets and use carbotech xp10 pads. the discs of a smart car fit if you re drill them, on the front you can use clio discs and evo calipers again with carbotech pads or if you can fit 4 piston bremobs with self made caliper mounts from pug or seat leon cupra......these will give you a better brake pedal without to much travel and be easily servicable

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I looked at this, but after reading certain brake threads and looking at the rear 300zx pads I didn't bother as the increase of pad area was not worth all the hassle.

I've got after market grooved discs on the rear (standard size) with braided lines and 1155 pads and that certainly made some difference with regards bias, making the car more stable when hard braking.

I'd like to add bigger discs to the rear (which I will in time), but only to dissipate heat better and better stability when on track.

Fronts: I use 6 pot K-Sport 304mm which are perfectly fine.

red reading

people need to remember we have a light car, you can actually overbrake a car and therefor they never work properley as they dont stay in the correct heat range too,