Braided oil line bolt

recaro18

Ive took my turbo off, and in the process one of the bolts on the block slipped down a guard on the block, its a bolt that has a hole running through it so the oil flows through the braided line into the turbo,
the guard or plate shape thing is on the front of the block and to the bottom left near the alternator, can these be purchased anywhere? or is it easy enough to take the plate off? as its really really difficult to get to!

Regards

A

another sunny

I droped my copper washer from this bolt(i think they are called banjo's), i used a long peice of welding wire and carefully placed mirrors and a torch toget it back out, just bend the wire into a hook and go fishing.

recaro18

Looks like il have to do that then m8! sounds a plan, il have a go on my dayoff.
If ay1 else has any ideas or its happened to them feel free

cheers

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The plate your on about is probably the air con pump mounting plate. This could be removed and replaced easily but it largley depends if you have the tools.

If you do have the tools, personally I would recomend you remove the air con and leave it off.

Alternatively you could buy a new bolt from Nissan for about a fiver.

Steve

recaro18

air cons off mate, i got the tools, il take the plate off tomorrow is there much point me putting it back on then? if theres no need for it? does it connect to anything?

cheers

P

pulsarboby

go buy yourself a telescopic magnet, about a fiver! i use mine nearlly everyday when i drop stuff with my clumsy great mitts

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
recaro18 said:
air cons off mate, i got the tools, il take the plate off tomorrow is there much point me putting it back on then? if theres no need for it? does it connect to anything?

cheers
Nah leave it off, pointless lump of iron, it almost weighs as much as the air con pump itself

Steve

recaro18

The bolts found and that 'lump of iron' is off, and staying off.
It weighs a great deal to, will help the car weight wise if anyones wanted to lose weight off the car!?

cheers