Bottom ball joint ball-ache

Cathode

Can anyone advise me as to where I can get some bottom ball end joints that fit because, so far I've bought 3 pairs that are supposedly for a GTiR and have ended up being about a couple MM too wide. Measuring the circumference, about 4mm more than the standard knackered ones I've taken off. To try and get around this, I bought some new lower arms that came with the Ball joints already in. Hoorah! You'd've heard me quietly say to myself until.... The bloody rubber bush on the end of the lower arm is different and won't fit the bracket that secures it to the bottom of the chassis. So, here I am back to square one none the wiser or closer to getting some bottom ball end joints to fit the lower arms.

Can anyone help please?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member

Check the online parts list.

Might be able to help you better...

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Did the previous arm have a bush like this from the whiteline kit?

I changed the front arm rather than the ball join many years ago and paired it with the whiteline kit for the rear bush.

If not then I assume the GtiR and whatever you have are different. I couldn't see a powerflex bush equivalent.

Superpro have these:

Given the issues you've hit it might be another dead end?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I also changed the entire wishbone rather than trying to change the ball joint. - If you buy the "normal" Sunny version, you just need to change the rear bush.

Jonny :)

Can anyone advise me as to where I can get some bottom ball end joints that fit because, so far I've bought 3 pairs that are supposedly for a GTiR and have ended up being about a couple MM too wide. Measuring the circumference, about 4mm more than the standard knackered ones I've taken off. To try and get around this, I bought some new lower arms that came with the Ball joints already in. Hoorah! You'd've heard me quietly say to myself until.... The bloody rubber bush on the end of the lower arm is different and won't fit the bracket that secures it to the bottom of the chassis. So, here I am back to square one none the wiser or closer to getting some bottom ball end joints to fit the lower arms.

Can anyone help please?
i got mine from europarts

Cathode

Thank you for all the replies, I think I may have missed the boat the the sunny wishbones as I got my money back on them as I wasn't sure if I had taken the end bush off that the centre the bush pressed onto would be the same size. Didn't want to risk it and be lumbered with them and a few hundreds pounds poorer for the pleasure.

Current plan is to keep original wish bones, refurb them, buy poly busk kit and check what ball joint Andy and Johnny have suggested having at look at. If it all goes Pete Tong, then I'll cry and start again.

Cathode

Update: yay! Finally got some that fit - for the love of Peter - So a big thanks to Andy for the website suggestion and to Johnny too.