Boost level

LeeSmith

I would like to know how to make my car run in two different settings - i.e low boost for town driving and high boost for anhialating people!!!

someone off here sent me some information on how to do this, but being an idiot i am i re-formatted my PC and missed one folder which contained this information!

could someone point me in the right direction please??

Thanks in Advance :wink:

A

Anonymous

LeeSmith said:
I would like to know how to make my car run in two different settings - i.e low boost for town driving and high boost for anhialating people!!!
depends on what boost controller you have fitted.with the apexi avc-r,i get 3 boost settings:- off-1.4 bar,which is the racegate spring setting.low-1.6 bar.high-2.0 bar which is the default setting.poss that`s why i keep breaking things :cry:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
oap-r said:
3 boost settings:- off-1.4 bar,which is the racegate spring setting.low-1.6 bar.high-2.0 bar which is the default setting.poss that`s why i keep breaking things :cry:

Low Boost - 1.6bar... Thats just insane... How many people can say that they run 1.6bar on Low Boost... :shock:

Lee, you might want to PM ex-gtir Mike as I think he's made up a manual High/Low boost setting for a few people on this board... :wink:

Rishi

A

Anonymous

RishiGTiR said:
Low Boost - 1.6bar... Thats just insane... How many people can say that they run 1.6bar on Low Boost... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: like i said,2 bar is the default setting.unlike some,i don`t fiddle with boost settings :twisted: :twisted:

Rishi

oap-r said:
RishiGTiR said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: like i said,2 bar is the default setting.unlike some,i don`t fiddle with boost settings :twisted: :twisted:
I'm only running 1.4bar... :(

Did you ever manage to find any uprated front diffs or did you get a standard one...???

Rishi

A

Anonymous

RishiGTiR said:
Did you ever manage to find any uprated front diffs or did you get a standard one...???
still std as the nismo diffs were stupid money,even 2nd hand,and they couldn`t even tell me how much torque they were rated to :evil:

the shift feels really good,now that nissan have changed all the bearings and the gear linkage :D

R

robinsongtir

Low Boost - 1.6bar... Thats just insane... How many people can say that they run 1.6bar on Low Boost...
I know another 1.7 bar on low 2bar on mid and 2.1-2on high :shock: :shock: :D

Rishi

I think Bruce runs 2.14bar or something silly like that... Think thats what he was running when we all met up... Fookin quick like!.. :twisted:

Rishi

A

Anonymous

Unless im missing something, having 2 different boost levels as your saying is pretty pointless.

If your driving around town then your going to be off boost so you could be on full boost all the good it would do you. Unless you put your foot down your not really going to get a benefit from different boost levels.

I will be getting an electronic controller but only due to the climate changes(hitting 18psi when it should be 15)

Please correct me if im wrong :wink:

M

Mulisha

my friend Beau runs no vacuum lines on his standard turbo. Car has held up for a year now. He runs every Friday and saturday night. Once a month drags. They only run 1/8th miles. He is the fastest car there. GTRs are no match

A

Anonymous

HUDSON,

i think your kinda right and wrong :) , I use two different settings (Blitz sbc-id) 1 for town driving. 2 fun mode

I agree if driving round town you wont hit full boost all the time, but instead of backing and not using all the throttle pedal range, if your running a low boost you dont have to worry about this, just press a button and your away,
plus its nice to see the change in boost when you switch modes (at the weekend :lol: )