Boost gauge

B

blackpulsargtir

My standard boost gauge shows -7 to +7 as they all do but the needle never seems to move from the middle - is this normal or is it broke?

Also what is the standard boost and what can you get the boost up to and where do you get it done?

I fancy about 300 bhp for my car what bits will i need?

Sorry to ask lame questions but i know sod all about tuning cars and ya have to learn some how.

Cheers

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...4052006025.jpg

bopper

yes if the cars running fine youe gauge is broke it should read a minus figure when off the accelarator and a plus when on it. also where are you from, you never know you might have somone local that can help.

also 300 is a real easy figure to achieve with one of these cars.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If by the middle you mean 0, then it's not connected by the sounds of it. Check the sensor on the inner wing by the battery. There should be an electrical connection and a vaccuum hose on it.

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™

upgrades do the usual exhaust air flow ecu bigger fuel pump and injectors and increase boost later to go with new turbo

P

powerfreack

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™ said:
upgrades do the usual exhaust air flow ecu bigger fuel pump and injectors and increase boost later to go with new turbo
wtf are you on about mate and where do you get such shit info from he wants 300bhp

have you read to much max flower or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
for 300bhp you will need

uprated clutch
uprated brakes (unless you have serious thrill issues!)
boost controller set to 1.1bar
uprated fuel pump

you may also want to consider an safc or chip

the std injectors will be fine

also recommend getting the fuelling checked - if its ok on std fuel map then no need for safc or chip

P

powerfreack

Fire & skill said:
for 300bhp you will need

uprated clutch
uprated brakes (unless you have serious thrill issues!)
boost controller set to 1.1bar
uprated fuel pump

you may also want to consider an safc or chip

the std injectors will be fine

also recommend getting the fuelling checked - if its ok on std fuel map then no need for safc or chip
my point exactly he is making out he needs bigger injectores / ecu / bigger turbo when everybody is aware that they are well capable of that

B

blackpulsargtir

Power

I already have fitted a SAFC (set to zero as i dont know how to use it) it has 5 settings -/+ 30 at approx 1000rpm increments.

If i turn them up to full i have issues at 5000 rpm and above it feels like its missing.

I have large intercooler & pipework

Racing clutch

Dump valve

It feels approx just a touch less quick than my previous 265bhp impreza but i have no idea what power it's giving out.

Could someone suggest what to set the safc to in order to get best performance out of it?

Cheers