Boost Gauge Fitment

S

scottie686

Morning chaps and chapesses!! :D

I have a quick query about fitting a boost gauge. I did a search on Friday and managed to print out a diagram showing which boost pipe the t-piece is inserted. Top marks for whoever put that on!! :wink:

My query is, and I think that it's just me being as blind as a bat, but how the ferk does the vacuum pipe go through the bulk head?!?!? :(

I spent a good half hour with me head in the drivers and passenger foot well looking for a rubber gromit or something I could thread the pipe through and managed to find only one and there was no way in hell anything additional to the wires already going through it that I could get the vacumm pipe through as well.

Just wondering if anyone has fitted one recently and if there was another way I could get the pipe through that I missed. I even considered going through the inner wing and through the rubber gromit in the door by the hinge but the other side was an electrical box of some kind and again there was no way anything would come out the other side!! :shock:

Your comments would be appreciated.

S.

geoff pine

fitted one recently went along the back of the bulk to the inner wing through the wiring grommet . comes out above and to the right of the gas pedal take the inner wing of and all will be reviled :shock:

OZ-Racing

geoff pine said:
fitted one recently went along the back of the bulk to the inner wing through the wiring grommet . comes out above and to the right of the gas pedal take the inner wing of and all will be reviled :shock:
Ditto :wink: That's where I put one in last weekend.

S

scottie686

Thanks for ya help!! :wink: More time in the foot well!! dunno if my back can take it!! :shock:

J

Jonny_gti-r

Firstly sorry for crashing the post.

I've bought some replacement oil temp and pressure guages to match my new boost guage and i'm just wondering about wiring to them. Is it possible to extend the wiring from the existing guages to the new ones on the A pillar or should i run new ones. Which is likely to be easier?

Would i be better throwing the lot at an auto electrician and getting him to do it?

Cheers

Jon

ive got this problem i have no idea where to run it was thinking of connecting it via a T piece to the original boost gauge line?