boost controller question

doggydowg

Hiya guys

I know you can buy boost controllers where you can vary what boost you are running dependent on which gear you are in can anyone suggest one?

And how i go about doing this on a pulsar ie it has to be wired to the ecu?

I have used a blitz dual boost controller but never one like above many thanks Paul.

doggydowg

Im having problems where it wont run above std boost in 1st yet it runs a bar in all other gears so was thinking i could get around it this way

Animaldaz

but you will just mask the problem instead of sorting it out. Have you put the car back to how it was before you started playing around with boost, that way you may be able to figure out whats going on.

doggydowg

Hiya ive got a post going in problem solving area to cover this, if i put it back down to std boost it runs fine evan if i only bleed off 0.1 of a bar so its up to 0.8 the problem is there in first.

It runs fine on rollers in 4th at 12.5 psi, ive replaced fuel filter,fitted walbro,got good grade 8 plugs (which i was going to gap down to .7 today thanks snow) and ive tried it with full tank of fuel so cant be fuel surge.

I just cant see how i can run a bar in all gears bar first yet i cant evan run 0.8 bar in first with out it hesitating/spluttering a bit around 5k.

doggydowg

has anyone here used the gear fucntion on a gtir how would i go about doing it?

Ive tried looking on variouse websites and it doesnt say i dont see how the boost controller knows what gear im in?

Thanks

snoon

my old blitz sbc id II had this function with my power meter, but I never used as it isn't needed with our AWD beasts.

I'd try to fix the problem rather than mask it with a boost controller.

Soz mate - not much help like?!?

doggydowg

Ive fixd the problem now re gapped the spark plugs to 6.5 from 8-10 as it varied on differnt plugs problem now gone car pulls like a train in first;-)

Probably get a profec b.