Boost Control Valve problem.. urgent please!!!

M

modifiede36m3

I have a Greddy Boost Valve. The problem I have is that one blue pipe (which you can see in the picture on the left) come from the External wastgate to the boost valve. This is fine. But the exiting pipe that you can see on the right of the picture is not connected anywhere.

Where does this pipe need to go?

Click link for picture
http://www.modifiedm3.co.uk/Boost%20valve.jpg

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
M

modifiede36m3

I already have one pipe from the wastegate which goes to the plenum chamber

Steve

Mr GTiR

Geoff, I spoke to Steve today and it's now sorted. The car is back up and running. Just got to get it mapped.

M

modifiede36m3

Car is back up and running. Fitted the new External wastagte. But the power is just not there. There is no kick like it gave beforehand. it seems very smooth but no where near the power it used to have. Am I assuming that by changing the wastegate is may have now upset things so it needs to be mapped again. Maybe the boost valve might be working correctly now and not allowing it to boost.. Any ideas please?

Steve

Mr GTiR

Like i said Steve, you could have run it with unlimited boost before the external wastegate gave up the ghost, hence the kick in the back when the turbo comes on boost.

M

modifiede36m3

Surely the boost should be the same. The power is miles away from what it was before.

M

modifiede36m3

I have also been told here are different wastegate spring rates? would this have any effect on the power the car has if the one I have jut fitted is to strong or weaker??

Steve

Mr GTiR

modifiede36m3 said:
I have also been told here are different wastegate spring rates? would this have any effect on the power the car has if the one I have jut fitted is to strong or weaker??
Yes

M

modifiede36m3

The spring I have in the new wastagate is 5.83psi and I am running 0.8bar so about 11psi. That may be why the power is really low then?
Steve

fletch

i dont mean to hijack the thread but am i right in saying that when you fit a dawes device you have one hose to the actuator and the other goes to the plenum???

if so i think ive done mine wrong!!! mine goes from the actuator to a nipple on the piping before the turbo

M

modifiede36m3

I think you are right. One goes to the plenum and one goes to a boost valve if you have 2 that is.

Steve