Bonnet pins

chrisniss91

I was doing top speed run yesterday and saw the bonnet looking very agile so i backed off :( Where can i buy these from :?: Soz for being thick but how do you fit them as well never seen them on a car with the bonnet up :(

Keira

look at mine and you can just about make out where i fitted them, i took out the rubber stops then bolted the bins up through there, then you've just got to make sure you drill the holes in the bonnet in the right place and paint any bare metal.

Nad

Most rally parts stockists will do them, and you can get cheaper versions from most parts shops if u look around. U can also get flush fitting one with and without locks if You have expensive goodies in ur engine bay.

The common ones have the rod with the eye bolted to the front slam panel somewhere which sticks up thru a hole in a round plate on the bonnet with a pin attached to it.

Nad

LOU ROB

chrisniss91 said:
I was doing top speed run yesterday and saw the bonnet looking very agile so i backed off
Same here mate, I've just bought pins also.
I'd be gutted if me carbon bonnet opened and destroyed itself against my windscreen :lol:

Keira

you wouldn't believe the amount of dumbarses that have asked me why i've got bonnet pins :roll:

all your bonnet flapping prayers will be answered 8)

chrisniss91

Ask mattGTiR about bonnet's, 3 came up on his rs turbo doing high speeds and i was in the car all times and it is scary as anything, it brought it back to me as i was attempting a top speed run.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
chrisniss91 said:
Ask mattGTiR about bonnet's, 3 came up on his rs turbo doing high speeds and i was in the car all times
You ain't getting in my car then :shock:
:p

N

Ninja_tune_factory

mate get the ones of dan and si at srb they do them with carbon fiber bits on the ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm carbon

Swampy

pins

Just ordered a set off e-bay, had the same problem yesterday with bonnet moving about at 140+ on the bumper of an sti :wink: