Blue smoke

chrisniss91

Just coming back from the garage, after a new turbo, and after acceleratring i see a little puff of blue smoke. Could it be that the car has been sitting still for 2 weeks and is clearing the system or is there a problem :?: :cry:

E

Edd

:shock: :shock:

how much blue smoke, could be some oil in the exhaust from doing the turbo.
When does it smoke, how much, and if it doesnt clear up within 50 miles or so i'd say you might have a problem :cry:

A

Anonymous

blue smoke = not good.

can be 2 things : (so I have been told) turbo knackered , piston blown or piston ring gone... Prolly the car runs fine, right ?

chrisniss91

Well i had a new turbo fitted the housing then cracked so it was all fixed and inspected so i really doubt it would be the turbo. Drove it again and whilst booting it saw lots of blue smoke :cry: :cry:

looks like my 2.2 maybe coming sooner than i thought :)

Shaun

:D Was your old turbo changed cause the seals had gone :?: If so check your intercooler :!: ,might still have some excess oil in it and this could be whats burning off :!:

chrisniss91

Basically i had a hybrid turbo fitted then 2 months later the housing on the turbo cracked so it went back for a new housing etc Now it's like this :cry:

J

J-GTi-R

No offence to the company that fixed your turbo, but just because you had it repaired doen't mean they actually fixed it, especially when it comes to welding up the turbo housing.

Take it back and get them to look at it again, it shouldn't be smoking still.

GINGA

Would suspect the turbo to :wink: sounds like a turbo problem anyway, is engine running fine other than that and is there any oil coming out of dump valve :?:

A

antilag

on another car i had the turbo seal used to leek like once every few months it was weird it would b spot on for months and then sum days smoke like a bitch were a little oil would creep into the exaust side

and just so u no i had 3 new turbo's on my skyline they were all incorrect and it was a fooking nitemare dnt assume cos its new its ok dude people make mistakes